PART TIME PROJECT CO-ORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
NPA BLITZ PROJECT – Blitz is a three year Northern Periphery and Arctic (NPA) pilot project aimed at developing Literary Tourism as an economic driver within specific regions across the Northern Arctic region, including Northern Ireland. The transnational model will support SMEs engagement with the Literary Tourism sector across the region and will enhance the capacity of SMEs to act beyond local markets through increased awareness, enhanced visibility and changed attitudes to create new innovative solutions to develop place based Literary Tourism.
|Post||Project Coordinator (part time)|
|NPA Blitz Project
|Responsible to||The Director – Arts Over Borders (Happy Days EIBF Ltd)
|Responsible for||The Post Holder will be responsible for contributing to and managing a number of aspects of the operations of the NPA Blitz Project, primarily within N.I, and also into the NPA region.|
|Contract period||October 2019 – September 2021
|Average one day per week in this period @ €150 per day to be based in Northern Ireland and available to travel.|
The post holder will support the Director to ensure effective and efficient development and delivery of the NPA Blitz business plan. They will also support the Director to ensure that project delivery is focused on meeting the needs and outcomes of the overall programme.
The Post holder will represent AOB working with transnational partners and key stakeholders to develop a literary tourism model. In particular they will work closely with the other partners to ensure that NPA Blitz operations is integral to developing local SME, entrepreneurship and contributing to improved outcomes for the literary tourism sector. They will also play a key role through collaborative working in supporting the administrative and financial arrangements across the NPA Project on behalf of AOB.
The post holder will be expected to make an important contribution to the development and implementation of specific targets relating to the NPA Blitz Business Plan, promote efficiency and effectiveness in all required reporting to the Lead Partner ICBAN; and support the director of AOB to lead the activities of the Project
The Post Holder has the following responsibilities:
- Support the Director to lead the designated transnational responsibilities, which will include:
- The SME engagement Programme to develop Literary Tourism in Norther Ireland meeting the core objectives and expected outcomes in relation to the project
- Business administration processes and finance administration
- Planning, implementation and on-going monitoring and reporting of NPA Blitz Project to lead partner (ICBAN) and First Level Control.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND POLICY INFLUENCE
The post-holder will be expected to:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of specific targets relating to the NPA Blitz business plan
- Work collaboratively with partners to ensure that priorities are translated into manageable objectives and communicated as appropriate
- Work collaboratively with partners to monitor, measure, control and report on the work of relevant work packages within NPA Programme
- Contribute to reports that can inform development and strategic direction using formative and summative information which will guide future models of delivery in relation to Literary Tourism.
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
The post-holder will be expected to:
- Support effective engagement, capacity building and monitoring arrangements with NPA Partners and key stakeholders
- Liaise and work co-operatively with partners in other sections of the Project to ensure consistent and coherent approaches towards project development.
- Contribute to a robust system of recording all relevant information and data and coordination of project-related administration
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and statutory frameworks
- Report on progress and performance as required;
The post-holder will be expected to support Director to:
- Follow robust governance procedures and financial control frameworks for effective management of the budget and monitor expenditure ensuring propriety, regularity and value for money within the allocated budget;
- Facilitate reporting protocols that are required by NPA
The post-holder will be expected to:
- Enhance the development of the Project by building effective partnerships
- Liaise and engage across the NPA region as necessary
- Contribute to attendance at meetings both internally and with other stakeholders, in accordance with the project goals, targets, and in line with NPA requirements
- Engage with key stakeholders, community representatives and other stakeholders to support the community and SME entrepreneurship .
|Applicants must at the closing date for receipt of completed applications:
1a) Hold a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent or higher qualification;
1b )Hold a post graduate management qualification
2a) Be able to demonstrate evidence of minimum 5 years’ experience working in a professional capacity in a Project Management Role
2b) Be able to demonstrate evidence of minimum 5 years experience of managing government funded initiatives
3a)Be able to demonstrate evidence of leading partnership working with statutory organisations and the community to develop new initiatives
3b) Demonstrable experience of developing or implementing policies, procedures or guidance.
|The criteria may be enhanced|
- Person Specification
Applicants must, by the closing date for applications, meet the following criteria:
Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of:
· Legal and corporate governance
· Effective approaches to managing programme delivery and service improvement.
· Knowledge and experience of budget management and financial management
· Managing online management information systems
Proficient in IT skills to include Microsoft office
|KNOWLEDGE||· Marketing and PR skills
|SKILLS||Candidates must demonstrate an ability to:
· Manage partnerships, giving clear direction and inspiring confidence.
· Lead or contribute to multidisciplinary teams
· Build effective working relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders.
· Negotiate, coordinate and influence at a range of levels, providing logistical professional advice where appropriate.
· Support the development of a strategic planning framework
· Plan and manage project delivery to meet agreed outcomes.
· Manage effective information systems for monitoring and evaluation.
· Analyse and interpret complex data, information and policy.
· Budget management /Monitor expenditure.
· Formulate reports and present the information clearly, confidently and unambiguously to a range of audiences.
· Work autonomously and make sound decisions.
· Manage resources, time and workload effectively and efficiently, working under pressure and to strict deadlines when required.
|PERSONAL QUALITIES||Candidates must demonstrate:
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Drive and determination
· Emotional intelligence
|OTHER REQUIREMENTS||1) To have access to a suitable vehicle
2) To work outside normal office hours to meet the requirements of the post.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Please send a current and up to date CV + two referee nominations + a short cover letter indicating your interest in this role.
Closing date for applications: Monday November 19th 2018, 9am.
Please send applications by email addressed to:
The Director: email@example.com
Applications received after the deadline will not be eligible.